One of the most iconic looks of all time is the smokey eye. It’s chic, elegant, and now easier than ever to achieve. Seriously, it takes about three seconds to get right. Here’s how:
- Take a cream pencil liner (I personally like Rimmel’s Scandaleyes) and scribble on your eyelid. Yes, scribble. Like a three year old with a coloring book. Use black if you want a classic look, or use a different color for something more unique.
- Take a lip gloss or balm and add it over the top of the liner. I like to use Stila’s Lip Glaze in Brown Sugar. It adds a bit of sparkle and shine that keeps the look from being too dark.
- Blend with your finger. Just smear everything around until it covers your whole eyelid and is the depth of color you like.
- Clean up your blending job with a q-tip. Make sure that the outside corner of your eye tilts upwards, not down, to keep your eyes looking wide awake.
- Line your eye with the same liner you used before. I like to make it pretty thick, especially towards the outer edge of the eye.
- Blend the eyeliner with the q-tip. The goal is to create a gradual shift from liner to shadow. Don’t stress to much about this part. The secret to a smokey eye is to keep it messy, you don’t want to look like you’re trying too hard.
- Line your lower waterline and add mascara.This is what the end result should look like, smokey but yet natural.
Here’s the final look. Now go bat those peepers and work your best come hither look. You’re ready to go out on the town.